Trading names: Story Light (also Story Light Speaking) and Sandra Langton
Speech and Drama teaching and coaching. Lessons provided maybe one to one, one to group or pre-recorded. Materials are compiled and presented by Sandra Langton. References to training material are available within the individual lesson plans.
Content created by Sandra Langton is for students within the lessons and not for reuse or publication.
3. Statement of complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) applicable to children under 13 years of age.
- None of the online classes are recorded. No personal data is collected, except that which is required to provide English Speaking lessons and a lesson plan. Any responses to questions or content discussed in the classes is not recorded nor documented. The student is responsible for saving their own class notes for further use.
- Before any classes commence, parents are to provide consent that they agree to the classes and will manage the child’s participation.
- Data collected on the child will be limited to their name and any unnecessary personal information will not be stored or recorded by the company/Sandra Langton.
- Parents will have access to class notes, test scores and teaching plans. These are provided as required and not guaranteed to have one should the need not arise.
- If parents have any concerns, they are to terminate the lessons immediately and communicate with the company/Sandra to prevent further use or online collection of a child’s personal information, should this occur.
- The company/Sandra will maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of information they collect from children, including by taking reasonable steps to ensure maintaining its confidentiality and security;
- Retain personal information collected online from a child for only as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorised access or use; and
- Not condition a child’s participation in an online activity on the child providing more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
4. Digital presence
This company includes the following digital spaces:
- Website: www.storylightspeaking.com
- WordPress: @sandramlangton
- Facebook page: storylightspeaking
- Instagram: sandraspeakingcoach
- WeChat: storylightspeaking
5. Unacceptable Behaviour that will result in termination of classes:
1. Rude or disrespectful language and/or behaviour in class or online will not be tolerated and will result in termination of classes. This includes rude language, hate speech, discrimination on base of race, religion and gender but not an exhausted list.
2. Physical gestures that are explicitly or implicitly rude will not be tolerated and will result in termination of lessons.
3. The offender will be excluded from further participation in all activities, events and teaching. All classes will be terminated without any refund of classes that are not completed.
4. Spamming or posting pornographic materials or links will being banned from social media and/or result in classes being terminated without a refund.
1. All lessons are paid for in advance of the class.
2. Once a class has taken place, the fee cannot be returned.
3. A client is to make sure they have communicated their goals to the teacher and any changes require 24 hours notice before the lesson starts.
4. If the client wishes to terminate further teaching, they can cancel with at least 7 days notice and receive a refund of classes not taken.
5. Less that 7 days notice the lessons will be charged at full price.
6. Clients can reschedule their lessons via the customer login giving 48 hours / 2 days notice.
7. Intellectual property
All lessons and content of the lessons are owned by Sandra Langton and cannot be used by client for commercial purposes.
9. Sandra Langton / Story Light reserves the right at sole discretion to modify or change any part of the agreement.
The onus is on the members to check the terms regularly.
The right to terminate services from the community and teaching remains with Sandra Langton / Story Light due to causes as set out in the above clauses or as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- By signing up for classes with Sandra Langton / Story Light you agree to the terms as set out above.