“Change your world with your voice”
This slogan might sound lofty but here is why I like it:
Firstly, only you can change your world. You can change your life.
Secondly, the most effective way is by using your voice and speaking up for yourself.
If you are overcome with fear of speaking because it’s your second language or you have a fear of public speaking, you will not achieve your potential!
So, overcome your obstacles and excuses, speak up and fulfil your destiny.
This is my manifesto:
- We all have the right to speak up.
If we don’t speak up for ourselves, who will speak up for us? Having the confidence, in any language, in any country, to speak up is an essential life skill.
If we speak up about things we want or don’t want, we have more chance of living in a world that we like.
I help my clients:
- Learn how to control their fear and speak up.
- Develop structures that will help them formulate a response.
- Develop their performance skills.
- Develop vocal techniques.
2. Oral exams are an opportunity to grow and shine.
Oral exams are often dreaded and poorly performed. But instead of dreading them, see the exam as an opportunity to develop speaking skills and improve confidence.
Preparing for an oral exam includes:
- Understanding the exam criteria
- Having strategies for the different exercises
- Being properly prepared
3. Public Speaking, Speech and Drama and Performance skills help you to be more confident and a better communicator.
Learning speaking skills can be fun and challenging. Sometimes, getting out of your comfort zone and trying new things helps form new skills.
I help my clients:
- Try different activities to build skills
- Learn techniques to improve vocal quality
- Change their mindset to manage anxiety
- Learn structure and how to go about being prepared
- Practice and get feedback
4. Improve pronunciation and diction so that you are understood.
While accents are great as they link us to our ancestral roots, they are also a problem as they result in misunderstanding and discrimination.
I teach my clients:
- Standard English phonetic sounds
- How to sound natural
- How to add meaning and emotion to spoken words